Santa Clara County Moving Back to the Red Tier and Closing Indoor Dining
The County Health Officer, Dr. Sara Cody has announced that due to our dramatically rising case counts, Santa Clara County will be falling back into the Red Tier of the State’s COVID-19 Framework this coming Tuesday, November 17th.
In addition to the closure of indoor dining, moving to the State’s Red Tier means that:
- Indoor gyms and fitness centers must reduce their maximum capacity from 25% down to 10%
- Indoor retail (including shopping malls) will have to reduce their capacity to a maximum of 50%
- Indoor pools will have to close
- Indoor family entertainment centers (such as bowling alleys) will have to close
- Indoor cardrooms will have to close
- Wineries will have to close indoor operations
- Outdoor bars, breweries, and distilleries will have to close unless they are functioning as a restaurant and providing meals
- Indoor museums, zoos, and aquariums will have to reduce their maximum capacity from 50% down to 25%
These changes will all take effect at 12:01 am on Nov 17th.